Environmental Specialist and or Landscape Architect (0-5 years’ experience)
Horrocks Engineers is seeking an entry to mid-level Environmental Specialist and/or a Landscape Architect (0-5 years’ experience) to provide support to a broad team of environmental and engineering professionals in our Pleasant Grove, UT office.
Primary Responsibilities include assisting staff with field studies, collecting and organizing data, technical report preparation, and coordination with state and federal government agencies relating to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). Specific to wetlands and waters of the U.S., responsibilities include conducting wetland delineations, preparing Section 404 and stream alteration permit applications, and preparing wetland mitigation plans. Specific to landscape architecture, responsibilities include site analysis, aesthetic plan development, irrigation plans, and conceptual/final design, and construction documents.
• BS/MS in a natural science or related field or BLA/MLA landscape architecture
• Strong communication and technical writing skills
• Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines and budgets
• Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, ArcGIS, CAD
• Capable and willing to perform field tasks in varying weather and terrain conditions
• Ability to read and understand engineering plans and technical reports
• Ability to travel, as needed, and be flexible with changes in work schedule
• Knowledge of federal/state environmental regulations is a plus
• Ability to learn new skills
At Horrocks Engineers, we provide our employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package; 401k; excellent health and dental insurance; and vacation, sick, and holiday pay. We provide challenging assignments and opportunities, through which individual achievement is recognized and rewarded. Personal integrity and references are a must. Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. To be considered for a confidential interview, send resume to email@example.com. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.
See our website at http://www.horrocks.com for more information.