Horrocks Engineers is currently looking for a GIS Analyst to work with our GIS Department in our Pleasant Grove, Utah office. #utmap #jobs
- Bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems, geography, planning, cartography, computer science, or related field
3-6+ years related experience desired
- Proven experience working with ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE, creating and managing web services
- Proven experience working with web and mobile GIS applications, including ArcGIS Online
- Ability to perform intermediate level of spatial analysis.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation interaction with GIS
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide computer mapping and related database services
- Assist with creating and managing web services in ArcGIS Server
- Assist in the development of internet and mobile applications
- Provide GIS support for our diverse planning and engineering services
- Attend training to improve personal GIS skills and elevate our capabilities
- Support and present at local and regional GIS users groups meetings and conferences
- Develop methods to improve efficiency of database management
- Aerial photography interpretation and map interpolation
- This position will report to the GIS Programmer Analyst
- Considerable knowledge of ESRI’s current lineup of GIS database, mapping software, and GIS application development packages including ArcGIS Desktop, Mobile, Online, and Server.
- Model builder and/or Python scripting experience
- Familiarity with Esri’s Local Government Information Model
- Skill in document preparation and making oral presentations
- Skill in database architecture, data modeling, data normalization, data factoring, and archiving
- Knowledge of ArcSDE database enterprise system, usage, maintenance, and management
- SQL Server database knowledge
- Familiarity with GPS data gathering techniques and “ground to grid” conversion
- Knowledge of creating or working with custom coordinate systems
At Horrocks Engineers we provide our employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package; 401k, medical and dental insurance, vacation, sick and holiday. We provide challenging assignments, superior management, high standards and reputation; individual achievement recognized and rewarded. Personal integrity and references are a must. Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted. For a confidential interview in Utah, send resume to Lori Hoggard at email@example.com, or call 801-763-5100 to speak with someone in our Human Resources Department.