Horrocks Engineers, a leader in transportation engineering throughout the Intermountain West, seeks a Traffic Engineer for a position in any of our office locations throughout Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company that works as a team within multiple regional offices and on large-scale projects. The ideal candidate will have a background in traffic operations and travel demand forecast modeling with the desire to develop their skills to be a Task Lead for traffic modeling, analysis and design on larger projects. We seek those who: have the ability to be a self-starter; is a collaborative problem solver who strives for excellence and produces organized, accurate work; has a positive attitude who works well with others; and wants to make a difference.
- Conduct traffic operations analysis, microsimulation, and travel demand forecast modeling.
- Design signing, striping, and safety improvements for urban streets, rural highways, and interstates.
- Design traffic signal and street/highway lighting systems.
- Design MOT and TC plans.
- Coordinate with project managers and reviewers to ensure accuracy and quality of work.
- Perform work within project deadlines.
- Clearly communicate work through drawings, documents, reports, technical memos, and verbal exchanges.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-6 years of traffic/transportation engineering experience.
- Experience with traffic operations analysis, microsimulation, and/or forecast modeling software; specifically, Horrocks uses the following traffic software:
- Synchro and SimTraffic
- Rodel and SIDRA
- Experience with the MUTCD, AASHTO Green Book, and the Highway Safety Manual.
- Experience using Bentley and Autodesk design software.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.