Horrocks Engineers, a leader in transportation engineering, seeks a Professional Traffic Engineer for its Phoenix, AZ location. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in Arizona that works within multiple regional offices. The ideal candidate has the desire to develop their skills to be a Task Lead for traffic design on larger projects and a project manager for our clients who have traffic specific projects. We are looking for a collaborative problem solver who strives for excellence and produces organized, accurate work. We seek those who have a positive attitude, the ability to be a self-starter, the desire to train and mentor staff, the ability to work well with others, and the desire to make a difference.
- Conduct traffic analysis, microsimulation, and forecast modeling
- Design signing, striping, and safety improvements for urban streets, rural highways, and interstates
- Design ITS, traffic signal, and lighting systems
- Design MOT and TC plans
- Train Designer and EIT staff
- Coordinate with managers and reviewers to ensure accuracy and quality of work
- Perform work within project deadlines
- Clearly communicate work through drawings, documents, reports, and verbal exchange
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional License in Arizona or ability to obtain Arizona PE within one year of hire
- Registered as a Professional Transportation Operations Engineer (PTOE) is desirable
- 5-10 years of traffic/transportation engineering experience
- Experience with traffic analysis, microsimulation, and/or forecast modeling software
- Experience with VISSIM and Citilabs software desirable
- Experience using Bentley and Autodesk design software
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Design Build Experience desirable
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. For a confidential interview, send resume to email@example.com. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.
See our website at http://www.horrocks.com for more information.