Horrocks Engineers is seeking a highly motivated Bridge Engineer to support the engineering design of bridges and other structures for highway projects in Utah. If you are interested in challenging ways to expand and broaden your engineering experience, come join our team of engineering professionals. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in large, multi-discipline projects while developing diverse skill sets. Consider joining our team and advancing your career while contributing to our on-going success.
• Design, evaluate, and/or inspect highway bridges
• Prepare designs, quantity take-offs, cost estimates, and specifications
• Option to actively participate in our bridge inspection projects as a member of the inspection team
• Work in cooperation with bridge staff to deliver PS&E contract documents on time and within the project budget for local agencies, federal agencies and state DOTs
• Perform or check bridge designs using CSiBridge, Conspan, RC Pier, BRASS, MDX and/or other bridge software
• Design or check retaining wall and other structural components in support of roadway or site civil projects
• Establish and maintain client relationships; ensure client satisfaction; ensure client objectives are met
• Assist in building a strong regional presence for the firm in transportation and structural engineering
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering
• P.E. or S.E. required
• Four or more years experience in bridge design
• Willingness to work on projects locally or in workshare with other offices, some travel required (<20%)
• Experience leading bridge design teams a plus
• Design Build and Alternative Delivery experience a plus
• Solid understanding of transportation projects
• Possess a proven history of meeting project deadlines and budgets
• Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD with InRoads or Civil 3D a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, and management
• Adaptability and ability to respond quickly and accurately under pressure
At Horrocks Engineers, we provide our employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package, 401k, excellent health and dental insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay. We provide challenging assignments, superior management, high standards and reputation, and individual achievement is recognized and rewarded. Personal integrity and references are a must. Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. For a confidential interview, send resume to email@example.com. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.