Horrocks Engineers is seeking a highly motivated Bridge Engineer to support the engineering design of bridges and other structures for highway projects. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in large, multi-discipline projects while developing diverse skill sets. If you are interested in challenging ways to expand and broaden your engineering experience, come join our team and advance your career while contributing to our on-going success.
- Design, evaluate, and/or inspect highway bridges
- Prepare designs, quantity take-offs, cost estimates, and specifications
- Actively participate in our bridge inspection projects as a member of the inspection team
- Work in cooperation with bridge staff to deliver PS&E contract documents on time and within the project budget for local agencies, federal agencies and state DOTs
- Perform or check bridge designs using MathCad, PSBeam, ConSpan and/or other bridge software
- Design or check retaining wall and other structural components in support of roadway or site civil projects
- Establish and maintain client relationships, ensure client satisfaction, ensure client objectives are met
- Assist in building a strong regional presence for the firm in transportation and structural engineering
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- P.E. not required, but preferred
- Experience in bridge design a plus
- Willingness to work on projects locally or in workshare with other offices, some travel required (<20%)
- 0-4 years of engineering experience with a background in structural and transportation design
- Design Build and Alternative Delivery experience a plus
- Solid understanding of civil design and construction standards, and environmental
- Possess a proven history of meeting project deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrated skills developing relationships with municipal, county, and state agencies in support of transportation and/or site civil projects
- Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCAD with InRoads or Civil 3D a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, staff, and management
- Able to respond quickly and accurately under pressure
At Horrocks Engineers, we provide our employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package, 401k, excellent health and dental insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay. We provide challenging assignments, superior management, high standards and reputation, and individual achievement is recognized and rewarded. Personal integrity and references are a must. Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. For a confidential interview, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.