Currently our Pleasant Grove, UT office has an exciting job opportunity for a self-motivated traffic operations engineer to join our team. The candidate will need to demonstrate strong leadership and technical skills as it relates to traffic signal operations. The successful applicant must be able to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Serve clients by providing sound traffic engineering solutions
- Provide management, supervision, and direction to other engineering and technical staff
- Update and coordinate signal timing to maximize efficiency throughout signal systems
- Develop innovative solutions and maintain a state of the art knowledge of traffic operations principles and techniques
- Effectively communicate with clients and team members
- Perform advanced technical analysis in the areas of traffic engineering, traffic data analysis, traffic signal timing, traffic signal design, Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS), etc.
- Implement and coordinate field work necessary to implement and optimize signal timing strategies
- Develop incident management signal timing plans to proactively meet the needs of the traveling public
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- PE license in the State of Utah, or ability to acquire within 6 months of being hired (PTOE Certification Preferred)
- More than 5 years of progressively responsible experience in traffic operations
- In-depth knowledge of traffic signal timing principles and traffic operations
- Working knowledge of various traffic engineering tools including Synchro/Simtraffic, UDOT Signal Performance Metrics, Vissim, GIS, etc.
- Working knowledge of UDOT traffic operations systems is preferred
- Experience programming and troubleshooting traffic signal controllers
At Horrocks Engineers, we provide our employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package, 401k, excellent health and dental insurance, vacation, sick, and holiday pay. We provide challenging assignments, superior management, high standards and reputation, and individual achievement is recognized and rewarded. Personal integrity and references are a must. Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. For a confidential interview, send resume to email@example.com. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted.
See our website at http://www.horrocks.com for more information.