Horrocks Engineers is currently looking for a GIS Analyst to work with our GIS Department in our Pleasant Grove, Utah office.
Employment Category: Full-Time
• Bachelor’s degree in geographic information systems, geography, planning, cartography, computer science, or related field
• 3-6+ years related experience desired
• Proven experience working with ArcGIS Server, creating and managing web services
• Proven experience working with web and mobile GIS applications
• Ability to perform intermediate level of spatial analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide computer mapping and related database services
• Assist with creating and managing web services in ArcGIS Server
• Assist in the development of internet and mobile applications
• Provide GIS support for our diverse planning and engineering services
• Attend training to improve personal GIS skills and elevate our capabilities
• Support and present at local and regional GIS users groups meetings and conferences
• Develop methods to improve efficiency of database management
• Aerial photography interpretation and map interpolation
• This position will report to the GIS Programmer Analyst
• Considerable knowledge of ESRI’s current lineup of GIS database, mapping software, and GIS application development packages including ArcGIS Desktop, Mobile, Online, and Server.
• Model builder and or Python scripting experience
• Familiarity with Esri’s Local Government Information Model
• Skill in document preparation and making oral presentations
• Skill in database architecture, data modeling, data normalization, data factoring, and archiving
• Knowledge of ArcSDE database enterprise system, usage, maintenance, and management
• SQL Server and MS Access databases knowledge
• Familiarity with GPS data gathering techniques and “ground to grid” conversion
• Knowledge of creating or working with custom coordinate systems
• AutoCAD or Microstation knowledge a plus
At Horrocks Engineers we provide our employees with a highly competitive salary and benefits package; 401k, medical and dental insurance, vacation, sick and holiday. We provide challenging assignments, superior management, high standards and reputation; individual achievement recognized and rewarded. Personal integrity and references are a must. Horrocks Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Horrocks Engineers may identify additional skills and requirements for the hiring process. Only applicants selected to interview will be contacted. For a confidential interview in Utah, send resume to Lori Hoggard at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 801-763-5100 to speak with someone in our Human Resources Department.